Keyword searches on popular search engines are the source of over 80% of customers seeking and purchasing goods and services on the internet. Most selections are made from the top 10 rankings; therefore if you or your customers don’t find their way to the top 10 rankings, valuable traffic is lost. It is critical to develop relevant keywords and phrases that place the website in the top rankings.
Search Engine Marketing
In order to develop a cost effective marketing strategy and plan that maximizes the marketing budget consider developing:
- Paid Link Directory Submissions
- Press Releases and ePublication and Print Publication Articles
- Social Networks, Blogs and Viral Marketing
- Pay Per Click Campaigns
- Opt In eMail Campaigns
Developing a Social Media Marketing Strategy
Social Media marketing has taken on an increasing critical role in opening avenues to market products directly to consumers. Consider how you and your clients can leverage and utilize social media to market products and services. The critical path to proper utilization of social media is to first identify the appropriate social networks that will deliver the marketing message to the accepting customer or client base.
There are a number of social networks that cover a wide variety of industries, interest groups and topics. Large and small businesses alike have found an effective marketing plan incorporating Facebook, U Tube, Linkedin and Twitter.
Targeted Email Marketing
EMail marketing is one of the most cost effective methods of marketing to clients and customers. By using targeted email lists and a carefully timed and spaced series of communications to a targeted audience, the clients and customers can convert a sizeable percentage of their audience.
Inbound Marketing Alternatives
There are many methods of outsourcing (outbound) marketing by purchasing lead or email lists or hiring marketing shops that call prospective clients and customers, etc.). Consider “Inbound Marketing Alternatives” that pull your targeted customer prospects into the website based on your web marketing plan. This generates a genuine customer that is definitely interested in the product or service featured in the website. It involves a process of:
- Defining the target group of customers
- Directing or leading the customers to the website
- Leading the customers to provide their key information
- Maintain the customer in website message
- Acquire and close the customer
- Maintain the customer
There are several key components of a Good Inbound Marketing Initiative
- Initial Research of: competition, personnel & keywords
- Prep: relevant statistics, tracking software, content management
- Action Plan: budget; timeline; priorities; action plan
- Website Audit: usability and design confirmation
- Setup and Review Pay Per Click Account
- Setup Email Content and Management Plan
- Integrate Social Media with Inbound Marketing Plan
- Periodic (daily, weekly and monthly) Review of Traffic & Results
- Return on Investment Review and Implement any Required Changes